Though virtual events have become the need of the hour, they are all set to become normal in the future. As marketers and businesses set out on a journey to embrace virtual events with all their layers, it is important to pay attention to the underlying technology and how it can impact marketing outcomes.
We bring you the top 3 technologies likely to impact the virtual events in a big way in the times to come.
- Artificial Intelligence: Experts believe AI is not only the future of the world but is also the future of the events industry. Robots in event management? If you think AI is all about robots, then you have got it wrong. This is how AI will impact virtual events:
- Automating tasks: The biggest task for event managers is the evaluation and selection of vendors, collaborators, and attendees. This process includes sourcing, evaluating, and communicating with all the stakeholders. AI is capable of making all this process automated, simple, hassle-free, and quick. The matchmaking engines not only provide the list of vendors, attendees, etc. but also helps pair them based on the requirement.
- Networking: Networking adds huge value to any event. AI enables the attendees to connect individually and as a group. There are various in-built chats that group the attendees based on their common interests to create a suitable environment for networking.
- Creating experiences: The biggest challenge in virtual events is to make them experiential. This is where AI-powered chatbots come handy. These chatbots are capable of identifying and analyzing human emotions and respond precisely.
- IoT: Internet of Things (IoT) is a magical technology that has the power to connect objects with people to transfer information over a network. IoT can impact certain key elements of virtual events:
- Easy and secure online payments for event booking
- Sync all the devices and give timely alerts about the event dates, news, and more details on mobiles, laptops (via mails) etc.
- Events are a great source for networking, be it for the organizers or the attendees. IoT would help exchange contacts of all the people who have been a part of the event.
- Feedback is a great way to know the success of the current event and also act as the foundation for planning the next event. IoT helps conduct opinion polls, response sheets that help gather this information.
- Extended Reality(XR): The success of any event, be it real or virtual is when the attendees are engaged. It has become essential that organizers find ways to create an experiential event. This is where Extended Reality comes to your rescue. Here is how XR impacts virtual events:
- It enables performers/speakers and attendees to interact with the digital content created in that experience.
- Depending upon the purpose of the event, XR can be used to create an ambiance that makes attendees feel as if they are genuinely in that world. Best examples of XR can be seen in virtual trade shows and exhibitions.
If you wish to create an experiential and engaging virtual event, write to Eventpreneur’s knwoledge partners and global technology experts at email@example.com and they will be glad to give you a tour of the new possibilities.